FALL 2022 MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
The Luzerne Foundation is currently seeking a Marketing/Communications Intern for the Fall 2022 semester to support the functions of the Foundation’s team. This is a paid internship. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for the marketing and public relations industry with a keen attention to detail. The candidate should also be an outgoing and hardworking individual who is community minded. This internship will provide significant hands-on insight into a fast-paced role, as well as invaluable learning about the marketing industry.
The Luzerne Foundation is a community leader and works to enhance the lives of Luzerne County residents by evaluating and addressing community needs through strategic grantmaking and assisting those in need.
- Provide support with all marketing administrative needs
- Provide support for all PR-related events
- Assist with creating 2023 Marketing and Media Outreach Strategy
- Develop strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Be proficient in all forms of social media
- Draft pitches, actively conduct outreach and engage with the community
- Participate in team and department brainstorms
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding and appreciation for Marketing
- Commitment to working well in a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and “roll with the punches”
- Exudes a positive, personable attitude coupled with an outgoing personality
- Ability to take direction but can confidently work autonomously
Experience, Education and Designations:
Job Type: Fall 2023 Internship – 0 – 1 years of experience in public relations, communications or other marketing-related field; successful completion of 1 internship preferred but not required
Flexible work environment and must be available for 8-20 hours a week for the fall during regular business hours.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
E-mail a resume and cover letter to:
David Pedri, President and CEO
Diane Dutko, Chief Operating Officer
The Luzerne Foundation is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees.