This scholarship was established by the family of Ann Marie Piasecki in her memory and honor. Annie, as she liked to call herself, would like to be remembered for the person she was; a kind, loving, caring individual who tried to see the good in everyone. A graduate of Bishop Hoban High School, now Holy Redeemer High School, Ann Marie died in an automobile accident December 6, 2004, before she was able to graduate college. Ann Marie’s scholarship is awarded annually to one qualified student at each eligible high school, and may be renewed up to a total of four years, contingent upon the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a graduating senior of Wilkes-Barre Area High School, Holy Redeemer High School or Wilkes-Barre Area Career & Technical Center;
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at any accredited 4-year college or university as a full-time student;
- Must be a student with a proven record and commitment of helping others within his or her community;
- Must be a hard working student producing to the best of his or her academic ability;
- Must show demonstrated financial need.