Since 1994, The Foundation has been a resource for professional advisors and a philanthropic partner for their clients. It is a vehicle through which individuals, families and corporations can make gifts, current or deferred, to benefit our community.
While The Foundation is a public charity, it does not promote a particular charitable cause. Our primary “line of business” is the creation of named endowments. Grouping these named endowments within the administrative umbrella of a single public charity can create significant economies of scale, and enhanced investment alternatives, for your clients.
The greatest opportunity to discuss the option of using a community foundation for long-term charitable purposes comes during “major personal or business or financial decisions” such as:
- Estate Planning
- Writing or revising a will
- Selling a business or other major asset
- Financial planning (including needs of a relative)
- Financial Windfall: Inheritance or merger
Four steps you can take:
- Open the discussion
- Explore your client’s interest and values
- Find the options that best match your client’s personal and financial goals
- Invite The Luzerne Foundation to become part of the conversation.