Donated: 0% / $10,000.00
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Who should apply? Candidates application must include:
- An official transcript from your present or most recently attended school. High school students should also enclose a copy of your ACT and/or SAT test scores, if available.
- A personal statement in 1 page or less, typed, 12 pitch with one inch margins all around. Your statement should include information that would help us in knowing you and in determining your eligibility or need (example: the important role Children’s Service Center played in your life; how you are financing your education; previous work experience; reasons for choosing your professional goals – e.g. the arts, education, medical profession, etc.; challenges in your life experience and long range plans after graduation).
- A list of your extracurricular activities in chronological order.
- 2 letters of recommendation from non-family members (e.g., teachers, clergy, employers, etc.)
- A copy the EFC – “Expected Family Contribution” page from your FAFSA (A complete copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) must be available upon request.).
Established in honor and memory of Virginia M. and Robert C. Hopkins, this fund provides scholarships to qualified graduating high school seniors who have participated in or received services from any program or service of Children’s Service Center. Qualifying students may come from any high school regardless of location and may have received support from the Children’s Service Center based in Wilkes-Barre, PA and/or any of its various satellite locations across Northeastern Pennsylvania. The students must complete a scholarship application and provide the “Expected Family Contribution” EFC from the FAFSA Financial Aid form.