The form does not have Goals enabled.
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Who should apply? Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a current senior enrolled at a Wilkes-Barre, PA city high school: Meyers; GAR; Coughlin: Holy Redeemer; W-B Career Tech; Wyoming Seminary (Wilkes-Barre residency) and/or any successor high school as may be created due to any future consolidation. Qualified home-schooled seniors residing in Wilkes-Barre are also eligible. Student must be in good overall school standing and scheduled to graduate on time with their designated class.
- Student must plan to attend an accredited 2 or 4-year College or Technical school the immediate fall semester following his or her high school graduation, as a “Full-Time” student.
- Student must have maintained a minimum 2.75 GPA or higher throughout his or her final two years in high school. Student must provide record of academic achievement, record of junior & senior year grades, class rank, standardized and achievement test scores.
- Student must provide documentation of participation in a non-sport school activity within the past 2 years. Examples include Music Education, Glee Club, Drama Club, IT or AV Club, Student Council, Debate or Language team, etc.
- Student must provide documentation of participation in a school or league sport within the past 2 years. Students who have routinely participated in or study Martial Arts, Gymnastics, Swimming or Racquet sports within the past 2 years are also eligible. Waiver for medical or disability accepted.
- Student must provide documentation of participation in community, church or civic volunteer activity within the past 2 years. Work history should also be documented.
- The student will provide two written reference letters: One from a non-relative: Teacher / School Advisor, and One from a non-relative: Coach / Mentor / Work Supervisor or Clergy member.
- Student must provide a typed essay (500 words maximum). The essay theme should address “How will I use my education to help make my community a better place to live.”
- Student must complete and submit the “Expected Family Contribution” (“EFC”) page from the FAFSA Application. The full FAFSA and family financial information must be provided upon request from TLF.
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is not renewable. Previous scholarship recipients may not re-apply.