Donated: 0% / $10,000.00
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Who should apply? Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate of Coughlin High School, Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- Must have been a participant in football and at least one other varsity sport each year during the past three years.
- Must have maintained at least a 2.75 GPA or better throughout junior and senior years.
- Must have demonstrated service to school and/or community.
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities on a team, in the classroom and/or in the community.
- Must be a good school student and community citizen.
- A hard-working student producing to the best of his/her academic ability.
- Demonstrating financial need.
- Planning to enroll as an undergraduate in an accredited 2 or 4 year college/university, including technical training, as a full-time student.
In 2006, a number of former Coughlin High School athletes established a scholarship in honor of Coach Joe Moran in recognition of his very long and successful career coaching football and track while teaching physics and serving as athletic director at Coughlin High School in Wilkes-Barre. A scholarship will be awarded annually to a deserving scholar-athlete who demonstrates leadership and civic responsibility through service to others.