Donated: 0% / $10,000.00
Now Accepting Applications
Proposals will be judged on the basis of such things as:
- the intrinsic merit of the project proposed for meeting priority community needs;
- the ability and past reputation of the agency’s staff for successful completion of projects;
- the clarity and measurability of the project’s goals including Project Budget;
- plans to fund and sustain the project beyond the grant period;
- the feasibility of the time frame given for completion of the project;
- whether the costs are commensurate with benefits;
- whether The Luzerne Foundation’s grant dollars will significantly impact the overall program or service.
The Health Fund of The Luzerne Foundation grew out of a collaboration effort by area hospitals and health care providers to improve the health of persons in our broad community. In the mid to late 90’s,area hospitals and other health care organizations joined together in a regional effort to study and evaluate the most pressing health care needs of our population. This collaborative process resulted in a bi-county program focusing on prevention and wellness called The Healthy Northeast Initiative. At the same time, leadership from several area health care organizations including Wyoming Valley Health Care System, Mercy Health Partners and Hospice Community Care committed to supporting this effort and came together to form The Health Fund of The Luzerne Foundation. Each year, grants for innovative and collaborative programs are given to area agencies that are working to improve the health of persons in our community.