The form does not have Goals enabled.
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Who should apply? Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must reside in the geographic area served by the Jim Thorpe School District. However, the student may attend any public, private or parochial high school, as well as “home schooled students,” who have satisfied the requirements for a high school diploma.
- The applicant must pursue advanced post high school education at a recognized university, college, career training center, vocational training institution, etc.
- The applicant must show a consistent history of community volunteerism and/or work experience during his/her high school years.
- The applicant must complete the full Frank Pasdon Memorial Scholarship application and provide requested letters of reference from two or more non-family members.
- The applicant must submit a brief essay on why this scholarship is important to him/her and how it might help them achieve their long-term life goals.
- The successful applicant must remain a student in good standing and maintain a minimum 2.75 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale.
- The application will not be considered complete until all required materials have been received at The Luzerne Foundation on or before the publicized due date. Any materials after the due date will be considered invalid and the application null and incomplete.
- An official transcript from your present or most recently attended school.
- Applicants should also enclose a copy of their ACT and/or SAT test scores, if available.
- A personal statement in 2 pages or less, typed, 12 pitch with one inch margins all around. Your statement should include information that would help us in knowing you and in determining your eligibility or need (example: challenges in your life experience and long-range plans after graduation; how you are financing your education; reasons for choosing your professional goals – e.g. the arts, education, medical profession, business, etc.).
- The importance and lessons learned through your work experience and/or volunteer extracurricular activities.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from non-family members (e.g., teachers, clergy, employers, etc.).
- A copy the EFC – Expected Family Contribution confirmation page from your FAFSA Application).