Donated: 0% / $10,000.00
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Who should apply? Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Students who expect to graduate within the current calendar year or have graduated within the past ten years from any of the Wilkes-Barre Area School District public high schools including Wilkes-Barre Area Vo-Tech;
- Student proving financial need;
- Students who have resided in Wilkes-Barre and/or Luzerne County for at least five (5) years;
- Students who have shown that they have succeeded beyond what their life situation may have indicated including physical or emotional difficulties;
- Students who understand the importance of an education and who are dedicated to improving themselves through continuing education and skills training.
The scholarship was established in remembrance of Dr. Guy V. Ferrell, the first President of L.C.C.C. and his son, Dr. D. Keith Ferrell a prominent local psychologist. This scholarship is awarded annually to students planning to attend Luzerne County Community College to study any type of course offering from college degree curriculum to trade skills. The Ferrell Scholarship is intended to augment, not to replace scholarship funding from other sources. The scholarship may only be used for direct education expenses including tuition, books, labs, etc. but not for living, transportation or any non-academic expenses.